Most perfumes are a mixture of fragrance oils in an alcohol base. There are base fragrances, mid-tones and top notes. When you smell a perfume, the top notes are typically the first thing you smell, followed by mid and then base notes.
DIY Homemade Floral Perfume
- 4 oz carrier oil I use fractionated coconut oil but any of the carrier oils listed above will also work.
- 17 drops ylang-ylang essential oil
- 17 drops blood ornge essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 perfume bottle or roller ball bottles (like this)
Fill the perfume bottle with the carrier oil.
Add in the essential oil drops with a dropper. You can use my recipe or create one of your own.
Put the lid on the bottle and shake for thirty seconds. Congratulations you have just made perfume!
Roll on or spray (depending on your bottle of choice).
The recipe provided a light floral scent that’s not overpowering.