Kiwis are small and squishy fruits, but don’t let their size fool you. This delicious tropical fruit is jam-packed with a variety of nutrients such as vitamin C (a whopping 154% per 100 grams), vitamin A, vitamin B6, calcium, iron & magnesium that are extremely beneficial for your health.
The flesh of the kiwi fruit has a pretty bright green color and a distinct, yet rich flavor (a mix of sweet, tart, sour, bright, and acidic). The taste will remind you of a blend of lemon, orange, honeydew melon, and strawberries. The fruit has numerous black seeds that add a crunchy texture to this flavorful fruit.
We all know how beneficial vitamin C is for our skin. And that is the sole reason we buy expensive creams and serums that boast of being rich in this essential vitamin. But, these products are chemical-based and often cause more harm to our skin than benefitting it.
Kiwi Fruits Facts:
- Kiwi has 3 times more vitamin C than oranges.
- It boosts immunity
- Aids in fighting off infections
- Repairs our body tissues
- High in minerals, it regulates body fluids, blood pressure and electrolytes level in body.
- Omega 3- fatty acids and alpha-linoleic acid in the seeds of Kiwi help maintain heart, joints and metabolic health.
- The Vitamin E content prevents anti-aging and protects from free radicals
Kiwi Face Masks:
1. Yoghurt and Kiwi Face Pack:
Yoghurt and Kiwi, both have one thing in common. They both are equally good for consumption and topical application. To use:
- Finely chop the fruit (or use the readymade pulp)
- Mix it well with a tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water for a glowing skin.
Use the following kiwi face pack to achieve glowing skin:
Kiwi and Banana Face Mask:
This pack is suited for dry to normal skinned people. The vitamins in banana are great for skin. To use:
- Mash a banana
- Add Kiwi and a tablespoon of yoghurt to it
- Apply this paste to your face
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water
This mask will hydrate and soften your skin.
Avocado and Kiwi Face Pack:
Avocado has vitamin A, E and C. All these are essential good for a healthy and glowing skin. To use:
- Mash half avocado and kiwi until it’s smooth and creamy
- Add honey to the paste to make the pack more nourishing
- Apply it evenly to your face and keep it for 15 minutes
- Wash off with warm water.
This face pack is for all those who need an anti-ageing solution.
Kiwi and Egg yolk Pack:
Egg has skin tightening and skin clearing properties. To use:
- Mask half kiwi along with a tablespoon of olive oil/almond oil
- Add one egg yolk and mix well.
- Apply to your face and keep it for 15 minutes
- Wash it warm water.
This face mask with help you get a glowing skin with an improved complexion.
Kiwifruit is packed with antioxidants that neutralize the free radicals that stop the process of regeneration. It scavenges the free radicals to delay the signs of aging like wrinkles, age spots, and fine lines.
Use almond-kiwi face pack to get rid of the signs of aging quickly.
You Will Need
- 7-8 almonds
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 teaspoon gram flour
What You Need To Do
- Soak the almonds overnight and make a paste out of them the following day.
- Add mashed kiwi and gram flour to the paste and blend well.
- Apply this face pack evenly on your freshly washed and dried face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off using cold water.
- Repeat this process every week for two months to bid farewell to wrinkles.
Fights Hair Loss
Fruits rich in vitamins C and E can help fight hair loss and maintain hair health. Kiwi is replete with both of the essential vitamins. This tropical fruit contains minerals like magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus that stimulate blood circulation, thereby accelerating hair growth.
Additionally, kiwifruit is packed with iron, a nutrient required for improving hair health.