Body care is most important during all year. Different weather times need different care. You can always buy body lotion from beauty shops or local market, but also you can safe a lot of money with making your own body lotion.
Here is one easy recipe for body lotion.
You will need these ingredients:
- 1 cup pure aloe vera gel, distilled water, or strong-brewed herbal tea (we used aloe vera gel
- ½ cup grated beeswax
- ½ cup sweet almond, grapeseed, or jojoba oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 15 drops essential oil
Proces of making it
- In a medium-sized bowl combine aloe vera gel, Vitamin E oil, and essential oils. Set aside for later, allowing it to come to room temp. (Sometimes it even helps to set this in a warm water bath to bring it closer to the temperature of the oil/wax mixture you’ll be adding it to. This helps it emulsify.)
- Add grated beeswax and oil to a glass measuring cup. Place measuring cup in a small pot of water and bring water to a gentle boil. Heat, stirring occasionally, until beeswax is completely melted then carefully remove measuring cup from pot.
- Pour beeswax/oil mixture into blender and allow to cool. (Move on to step 4 when it has cooled down, but is still soft.)
- Once cooled, turn blender on LOW. Remove top of blender and pour aloe vera mixture in a SLOW, continuous stream.
- Stop blender as often as needed to run a spatula around sides to incorporate ingredients. If liquid is pooling at the top, stop frequently to push it around with spatula. (This step may take as long as 10-15 minutes, and patience is key!) Continue blending until desired consistency is reached. (We use and highly recommend a Vitamix blender.)
- Transfer moisturizer to clean jars and refrigerate any portion that will not be used up within a few weeks.